1. Contestants for the Mr. Gay Wisconsin USofA Contest must be born male and 21 years of age by the State Competition to enter. All contestants should be prepared to present a valid, non-expired state issued ID at Registration. Contestants may not compete until the identification has been presented and validated.
2. Judging will be on a total point accumulated system. Score sheets will be provided by USofA Pageants. Ties will be broken by the higher talent score.
3. Contestants will be judges in the following categories: a. Personal Interview b. Talent c. Club Wear
4. Talent presentation will be limited to seven (7) minutes. Prop set up and tear down time will be limited to five (5) minutes. Talent presentations will be timed and any presentation over seven (7) minutes will have administrative points deducted.
5. Contestants are allowed 1 back stage helper (if needed) and will be allowed free entry into the venue. Dancers, friends, etc. beyond the first must pay cover charge at the venue.
6. Any type of talent presentation is acceptable except those which might cause injury to the audience or any other person. No glitter, fire or water of any kind (including paint) may be used in any talent presentation. No live animals will be allowed in any talent presentation. Nudity, including the use of pasties, g-strings or c-strings are not allowed by any contestant, dancer or entertainer at any USofA event.
7. The use of or dispensing of any illegal drugs or marijuana will not be tolerated while a contestant is participating in any USofA Pageants event. Immediate disqualification will result for anyone who breaks this rule. Titleholders will also be asked to not participate in the above, and could be asked to leave the venue if this occurs.
8. Any contestant who is not at their appointed place at the appointed time will lose administrative points.
9. Any contestant, contestant’s dancer(s), helper(s), etc. who is caught in the act of stealing or tampering with any other person’s property will be immediately removed from the location of the contest. The associated contestant will be immediately disqualified.
10. The Official Miss Gay USofA Pageants does not discriminate against entertainers with silicone and/or hormones. The use of silicone and/or hormones will not be consideredby any judge in the scoring of contestants. Nudity and pasties will not be allowed by anyone (contestant, dancer, former titleholder, special entertainment, etc.) in any portion of any preliminary. 11. Once a contestant has placed as Winner or First Alternate in a city preliminary contest, they may not enter another preliminary within that title year in the same system. They must go to the state contest with that placement.
12. Any contestant who qualifies to compete in the state contest (winner and first alternate of any preliminary contest) and fails to attend will be banned from the system for a period of at least one (1) year from the date of the state contest and must pay back any prize monies to their promoter/state promoter (this includes the state entry fee) and pay a $125 fine to the state promoter. Qualified contestants include the winner and the first alternate.
13. The winner must provide the promoter with a valid phone number and email address at all times during the reign.
14. The winner will provide the promoter with a promotional picture to be used in advertising, and on the website, within 30 days of winning the contest.
15. Any contestant having access to the dressing room that sets up or utilizes it prior to the pageant or the designated time which all contestants have the same opportunity to arrive and set up will have their administrative points deducted in total. Everyone will be under the same time constraints and restrictions. There will be absolutely NO exceptions.
16. At no time will a contestant be allowed to go out of boundries, which are into the audience area or past the judges' table. You may not touch, place items under or on, or disrupt the judges table at any portion of the competition. You will lose 5 administrative points for each infraction to this rule.
17. USofA Pageants LLC does not allow videotaping, publishing of videos, or "going live" during any portion of a USofA contest. This is due to copyright laws, and violators who do not comply may be asked to leave the venue. No refunds of entry fee will be provided.
18. Additional Rules and Regulations for titleholders:
Titleholders for the Mr. Gay Wisconsin USofA Pageantry system agree to: • Not to be drunk in a public place • Not to commit acts of a sexual nature in a public place • Not to commit acts of a violent nature in a public place • Not to use illegal drugs • Not to commit the act of stealing • Not to have a sex change operation during the title year • Not to participate in malicious gossip • Not to be deemed guilty of any other unreasonable act that is considered demeaning to the Title by the Promoter • To perform at least three (3) times during their step down, unless otherwise instructed by the Local Preliminary Contest Promoter • Title Holder agrees to provide a satisfactory publicity photograph with sash and medallion, within thirty (30) days of assuming the Title, for use by the Local Promoter and the Mr. Gay Wisconsin USofA Promoters. • Title Holder agrees to keep a valid telephone number in service during the year of his reign • Not to perform nude. This includes the use of pasties for women, and g-strings or c-strings. • Title Holder agrees to have a valid email address within 7 days of winning and keep it active for entire reign. • Title Holder agrees to receive permission from the Promoter before appearing at a contest as a contestant in any other pageantry system. • Participate in the Miss Gay Wisconsin USofA Pageant, the Miss Gay Wisconsin USofA at Large Pageant, the Miss Gay Wisconsin USofA Newcomer Pageant and the Miss Gay Wisconsin USofA Classic Pageant.
19. If a titleholder is removed for any reason from their title, the title shall be passed to the first alternate. If there is no first alternate available, the city promoter may NOT appoint a contestant to the title.
20. Mr. Gay Wisconsin USofA Pageants and Taylor Vaughn reserve the right to make any decision concerning any matter not covered by these rules and regulations.